Hello stampers and happy Monday to you. Stamping together by mail has a bit of an old-fashioned ring to it doesn’t it? To me it sounds a little bit like pen pals with a twist. Is COVID distancing affecting you? Do you wish you could stamp with other people? Every month I send out a card kit so that you can stamp with me each Tuesday on YouTube live. I am very close to figuring out how to stream to both YouTube and Facebook at the same time so that will make it even more fun and accessible. This month the theme is Hydrangea Hill.
Stamping Together By Mail
Last week I shared the first card in this series and you can see it here. Today I am sharing the second card. I used the Quite Curvy bundle with the Hydrangea Hill paper peeking out from underneath. This card was inspired by an example from the Occasions catalog. The base for this card is Purple Posy, be sure to stock up before it is sold out as it is one of the retiring colours this year.
Update on Pap
This past weekend I drove up to Ottawa to help my youngest daughter Rachel move her things out of her old apartment into storage. If in person classes resume in September she will move back to Ottawa. On the way home we stopped for a visit with my parents. Pap finally had a haircut and he looked much better. He is 94 and the last year especially has been a rollercoaster ride. His decline in health started with a severe bout of shingles on his 93rd birthday. He was hospitalized several times and since then he has had pneumonia several times and a heart attack. Pap has COPD and is on oxygen but he is home with my mom who will be 89 on Sunday! He was happy to see Rachel.
Now maybe it is just me, but in real life he looked much better. It is hard to get a good photo of Pap under normal circumstances, but when we all need to squeeze into a corner around a bulky lazy boy and oxygen tubing it gets a little dicey. We are thankful for every new day and are amazed that Lord willing, he will be able to celebrate Mom’s 89th birthday on Sunday. When we were talking about it he looked at her and said, you don’t look that old! How sweet.
News That You Should Know
- Be sure to take advantage of the great deals on the Last Chance list but also stock up on your favourite retiring colours. You can shop here.
- If there are any bundles in either the annual or the Occasions catalog, get them before April 30 or you will not get the discounted price. Apparently even the bundles that are in the Occasions catalog which is supposed to go until June 30 will no longer be available as a bundle price if they have carried over into the annual catalog. Don’t ask me to explain because it doesn’t make any sense to me either. I’m just giving you a heads up to avoid disappointment.
- The new Parcels in the Post will be released this week and it features the Friends are Like Seashells suite.
- There are some Virtual Coffee and a Card kits still available. They are being mailed out today. You can subscribe to this kit here.
- Here is my YouTube channel if you want to subscribe and follow me on Tuesdays. The latest video for Parcels in the Post is also up for viewing with four great new cards to see.
Thanks for joining me today, I hope you have a super day!