Hello stampers and happy Monday to you. I am going to show you how to make some adorable face mask cards that will be perfect to send out as we are all getting rather tired of this COVID-19 situation. Who would have thought that we would have to endure social isolation this long? There are definitely things that are very difficult now, but I am sure we can all agree that there have also been unexpected blessings.
Measurements for the paper face mask
This is really want you need to know and then you can use the face mask on any cards you like.
- Patterned paper 2 3/4″ by 2 1/8″
- Accordian fold this scoring on the shorter edge at 1/2″, 5/8″, 1″. 1 1/8″, 1 1/2″, and 1 5/8″.
- Burnish the folds with your bone folder.
- Put tear and tape on both ends. Cover this with a strip of whisper white cardstock 1/4″ by 1″.
- Put tear and tape along the longer edges and cover with strips of whisper white cardstock 1/4″ by 2 3/4″.
- Cut two pieces of 1/8″ ribbon at 2 3/4″, secure to short ends using glue dots.
- Open up your folds in the middle of the mask to create dimension. Put a piece of tear and tape in the middle from end to end to hold it open. You can choose to reinforce this with a strip of whisper white cardstock a 1/4″ wide but I didn’t find that necessary. Just don’t remove the backing from the tear and tape.
The actual card
I used bermuda bay for the card base and the sailing home paper for the mask as well as the argyle embossing folder.
For this card I used lovely lipstick cardstock which is retiring by the way! The mask is made from the Best Dressed paper (also retiring).
Here is a good video to watch (before I made a good one)
If you want to see the one that I did on my Facebook live, you can check that out here
COVID-19 Response Fundraiser
Stampin’Up! has come up with a great pdf fundraiser to raise money for the World Health Organization and the United Way. It is 17 pages long with two pages of instructions and the rest are lots of different sayings that uniquely apply to our COVID situation. The sayings are in black and in colours and coordinate with many different punches and framelits. Click here if you want more information or if you want to buy one. It costs $12 US.
Thanks so much for joining me today, I hope you enjoyed the cards. They are a bit fiddly but super cute and fun to give.